Last updated: July 26, 2023
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information when you register for an account, make a purchase, communicate with us via social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The information you may provide includes your name, email included within your messages to us or otherwise provided via the Services.
Other Information About Your Use of the Services
When you use our Services, we collect the following information about you:
- Usage Information: Whenever you use our Services, we collect usage information, such as checklists you use and other similar types of usage information.
- Log Information: We collect standard log files when you use our Services, which include the type of web browser you use, app version, access times and dates, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers set by your device operating system, and mobile network information (like your connection type, carrier and region).
- Information we Record: On some occasions, we may record phone or video calls with your consent, such as when you provide us with feedback or market research.
- Information we Generate: We generate some information about you based on other information we have collected. For example, like most platforms, we use your IP address to derive the approximate location of your device.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also obtain information about you from other sources, including transaction information from third-party app stores you use to install our app or purchase a subscription, and name and contact information from third-party calendar services. Additionally, if you create or log into your account through a social media service account, we will have access to certain information from that account, such as your name and other account information, in accordance with the authorization procedures set by that social media service. Finally, we may obtain information about you from publicly available sources, marketing and advertising partners, consumer research platforms, and/or business contact databases.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including debugging to identify and repair errors, and developing new products and services;
- Process transactions and fulfill orders;
- Send you transactional or relationship messages, such as receipts, account notifications, customer service responses, and other administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Motiv8 and others, request feedback, and send news, gifts or other information we think will be of interest to you (see the "Your Choices" section below for information on how to opt out of marketing messages);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Motiv8 and others, including to enforce our agreements and policies. If you feel your transaction was declined in error, please contact us for assistance at support.motiv8.pro;
- Comply with the law, such as by processing transactional records for tax filings and other compliance activities;
- Personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see on other platforms based on your preferences, interests, and browsing behavior; and
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards.
Sharing of Information
- With companies and contractors that perform services for us, including email service providers, payment processors, fraud prevention vendors and other service providers;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including court order, subpoena, or other lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Motiv8 or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Motiv8 and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With your consent or at your direction. For instance, you may choose to share actions you take on our Services with third-party social media services via the integrated tools we provide via our Services.
We also share aggregated or other information not subject to obligations under the data protection laws of your jurisdiction with third parties. For example, we sometimes share aggregate information with research organizations to help facilitate their research.
Motiv8 is based in the Georgia and processes information in the United States, which may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You may update certain account information you provide to us (such as your name and email address) by logging into your account or contacting us through email@example.com. If you wish to disable your account, please use Motiv8 mobile app or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we retain certain information when required or permitted by law. We also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Motiv8 by following the instructions in those emails or by logging into your account. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we send promotional and other push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Data Access and Deletion
Subject to certain limits and conditions provided under law, we honor the exercise of the right of access or deletion for all of our users, regardless of their location. Any Motiv8 user may exercise this right using Motiv8 mobile app or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Information for California Residents
This section provides additional disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (or "CCPA").Please see below a list of the personal information we have collected about California consumers in the last 12 months, along with our business and commercial purposes and categories of third parties with whom this information may be shared. For more details about the personal information we collect, including the categories of sources, please see the "Collection of Information" section above.
Categories of personal information we collectIdentifiers, such as your name, email address, social media handle, and unique identifiers (like IP address) tied to your browser or device. Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law , such as gender and age. Commercial information , such as your payment information and Motiv8 product or service purchases. Approximate geolocation data. Internet or other electronic network activity, such as browsing behavior and information about your usage and interactions with our Services. Other personal information you provide.
Business or commercial purposes for which we may use your information
Performing or providing our services, such as to maintain accounts, provide customer service, process orders and transactions, and verify customer information. Improving and maintaining our Services, such as by improving our Services and developing new products and services. Debugging , such as to identify and repair errors and other functionality issues. Communicate with you about marketing and other relationship or transactional messages. Analyze usage, such as by monitoring trends and activities in connection with use of our Services. Personalize your online experience, such as by tailoring the content and ads you see on our Services and on other platforms based on your preferences, interests, and browsing behavior. Legal reasons, such as to help detect and protect against security incidents, or other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
Parties with whom information may be shared
Companies that provide services to us, such as those that assist us with customer support, subscription and order fulfillment, advertising measurement, communications and surveys, data analytics, fraud prevention, cloud storage, bug fix management and logging, and payment processing. Third parties with whom you consent to sharing your information , such as with social media services or academic researchers. Our advertisers and marketing partners, such as partners that help determine the popularity of content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests, and assist in better understanding your online activity. Government entities or other third parties for legal reasons,such as to comply with law or for other legal reasons as described in our Sharing section.
Subject to certain limitations and exceptions, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories and specific pieces of personal information, to delete their personal information, to opt out of any "sales" that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
We do not "sell" the personal information we collect (and will not sell it in the future without providing a right to opt out). We do allow our advertising partners to collect certain device identifiers and electronic network activity via our Services to show ads that are targeted to your interests on other platforms. To opt out, you can adjust your mobile device settings to limit ad tracking via the mobile app.
California consumers may make a rights request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will verify your request by asking you to provide information that matches information we have on file about you. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf. Authorized agents should submit requests through the same channels, but we will require proof that the person is authorized to act on your behalf and may also still ask you to verify your identity with us directly.